Just $60 for 1-4 days hire (ex GST)
Croquet has been around for hundreds of years and now you can be part of that history. Perfect for that vintage setting and great for groups.
Option to add Croquet trolley: $20.00 (makes everything look nice and neat)
Option to add indoor stakes: $10.00 (no staking, suitable for public parks and inside)
Space: At least 4m x 5m or bigger
Best use: Indoor, Outdoor, Flat areas, soft ground, dry weather
Recommended Age Group: Ages 8+
Players: 6 at a time
6 chunky hardwood mallets (head: 230mm x 63mm diameter; handle 810mm x 28mm), 6 full sized composite balls (84mm), 9 enamel coated steel wickets (6mm), 2 solid hardwood stakes (25mm diam. x 610mm)
4 corner flags, Storage Bag
Vehicle Required: Large passenger vehicle, if including trolley
How to play Croquet
Players : Two – Six, split into two teams
Age Group: 8 and up
Objective: Pass a ball through all the wickets in the correct order, obliterating your opponent along the way
- Setup the stakes (with four colours) at either end of the play area.
Place the wickets according to the diagram.
- Splitting into two teams, toss a coin to determine who goes first.
- The first player takes the BLUE ball, and places it next to the stake.
Using the mallet, the player aims to hit the ball through as many wickets as possible in the below order:
- Each wicket passed wins the player 1 bonus stroke
- The turn is over, when the player misses the wicket and has no more strokes
- The next player takes the RED ball, places it next to the stake and takes their shot.
- Play continues in this manner for the remaining black and yellow balls.
If you hit your opponent’s ball you get 2 bonus strokes!